Monday, February 13, 2023

Pyramid of Djoser at Saqqara (E23/25)

 

After spending weeks in Egypt, finally arrived at the highlight of my trip.

Yes! I am going to visit pyramid for real. Is been my bucket list for so many years finally I can see it in person and up close. Started my pyramid visit at Saqqara.
Couldn't be happier when I see it in a distance! The very first pyramid that I am visiting is Pyramid of Djoser.
Step pyramid is the first large-scale cut-stone structure in the world. Built in 27th century BC! This may not be as impressive or as famous as the Giza Pyramids that we used to see in movie, it is the first step toward the creation of the pyramids that have made Ancient Egypt famous throughout the ages.
Colonnaded corridor leading into the complex proper

It must be the tallest structure when it was completed back then and it is still the highest today.
The pyramid consists of six layers or steps built on top of one another.

Still standing tall after thousands of years of wind and rain erosions.


No comments:

Post a Comment