Thursday, February 22, 2024

Day 2 of my North Thailand Trip 2024 (5/14)

After only a few hours of rest at this lovely and cozy hotel, I am awake and preparing for the second day of my trip to Northern Thailand.

It seems like everyone else is still fast asleep, as I walk through the empty grounds towards the café for my morning meal.
I am about to check out from this pleasant hotel where I spent just a brief amount of time.
I am enjoying an Asian-style breakfast of chicken congee with fresh coriander and a sprinkle of white pepper.
After a two-hour drive heading south, we have reached Mae Ping National Park.
We are commencing our second day of birdwatching in Northern Thailand about 9 kilometers into the national park.
The forest doesn't seem as dry as it did during my last visit a few years ago. Mae Ping National Park typically has a very dry and warm brownish appearance. This time, it looks quite green, possibly due to the unusual amount of rain that has fallen here over the past two months.

I caught sight of the crescent moon while scanning the treetops for birds. What surprises await me here?


No comments:

Post a Comment