Thursday, February 29, 2024

Birding at Doi Angkhang (12/15)

 As I walked towards my friends, I noticed numerous small birds feeding on the tree.

I caught sight of a whiteeye but haven't had a good look at it yet. They are small but move very quickly from one tree branch to another.
It landed right above me.
By following its movements, I was finally able to capture a better photo of these Indian Whiteeyes.
I caught a glimpse of a Silver-eared Mesia before it disappeared from my view.
There are just too many of them, making it difficult to focus on one and get a clear shot.
I had to concentrate on just one Mrs. Gould's Sunbird at a time and ignore the rest.
This is likely a juvenile Mrs. Gould's Sunbird.
The Black-throated Sunbird with a black throat can be distinguished from the Mrs. Gould's Sunbird. There are no Green Tailed Sunbird here. They are only be found at Doi Inthanon.
I have been observing the Grey Backed Shrike, and this is the first time I've seen a Long-tailed Shrike on this trip.
We spotted a few Black-breasted Thrushes foraging for food near a rubbish dumping area.
As we descended from Doi Angkhang, we spotted a Hill Prinia.
Just before the sun set, we were able to see another standout bird of the day, a Spot-breasted Parrotbill. With so many great sightings, it's time to head to Fang for our overnight accommodation.


No comments:

Post a Comment