Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Land of the Fox

My recent trip to Hokkaido during winter saw more foxes than I expected. I seen more Hokkaido Red Fox known as the Ezo Red Fox than I did 3 years ago.
This individual was spotted next to Otowo Bridge while I was there watching Red Crowned Crane.
This one was spotted on my way to Tsurui-Ito Tancho Sanctuary from Otowa Bridge.
Another one that run away before I could get a clear shot.
This one was found in Rausu on top of the tunnel.
This one also spotted in Rausu at night scavenging for food near the ryokan that I stayed.
This one was spotted at Notsuke peninsula trying to hunt for rodents under the snow.
The same individual after the failed hunt of rodents.
Also spotted at Notsuke peninsula, this one with left eye having a bad infection.
Also saw at Notsuke peninsula. It appeared that it is easier to spot a red fox here than other part of Hokkaido during winter. So, if you are looking to watch and photograph Ezo Red Fox, Notsuke Peninsula is the place you don't want to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment