Friday, July 19, 2019

Krung Ching Waterfall of South Thailand

This trip was made back in May and not suppose to meet with any wet weather. Upon reaching Krabi airport and while on the way to Krung Ching Waterfall, the sky started to pour heavily.
Luckily the rain stop when we arrived at the waterfall.
Well, I'm not here for the waterfall but for the birds. We start to looking for birds even though it was still drizzling.
Oriental magpie-robin
First was this juvenile  Oriental magpie-robin.
Orange-bellied Flowerpecker
Found a male Orange-bellied Flowerpecker on a fruiting Indian cherry tree.
Orange-bellied Flowerpecker
There are more than one actually so as this female that not as brightly coloured as the male.
Black-winged Flycatcher-shrike
Pay attention to fruiting tree is always a good idea, a Black-winged Flycatcher-shrike also make an appearance.
Grey-and-buff Woodpecker

Grey-and-buff Woodpecker
Follow the knocking sound, saw this female Grey-and-buff Woodpecker.
Blue-eared barbet
Must be the good weather after the rain, saw another Blue-eared barbet.
Raffles's malkoha
My luck is too good, one excitement after another. Raffles's malkoha appear before the end of the bird wave.
Black-and-yellow broadbill
One of my favorite in the broadbill family is this Black-and-yellow broadbill
Dusky broadbill
Follow the foot steps of Black and yellow broadbill is this pair of Dusky broadbill. Wow! With this pair of broadbill appear right in front of me, will I be able to meet with my dream bird which is also my target of this trip?
Green broadbill
Haha... luck is with me. I finally get to see my long time target bird - Green broadbill
Not the best night for astro photography due to the rain cloud but I give it a try...
With this, I happily end my day 1 of birding at Krung Ching Waterfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment