Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Chiang Dao Birding Trip Day 1

After checking to my accommodation at Chiang Dao, it was already 4.30pm. We have just a very short window period before sun set.
Chiang Dao
Our birding will concentrate around this river and this area was known to have high chance of kingfishers.
White wagtail
As this is the open area, the lighting in the afternoon was so bad that I can hardly see clearly. I saw something moving below the yam plant but I am not sure what it is initially. Not until after I process the photos.
White wagtail
It turn out that this is a White Wagtail subspecies Motacilla alba leucopsis also known as Amur Wagtail.
White wagtail
It has a black back, a large white wing panel, a white face and just a black breast band.
White wagtail
There are several of them, one move closer to my position after few minutes give me the opportunity to have a slightly better photo.
White wagtail
Side view of the White wagtail.
Common tailorbird
We are loosing light very fast and while we are on our way back, saw this Common tailorbird.
Red Necked Keelback
Also on the way back, I saw one more beautiful snake. Is a Red Necked Keelback. A very beautiful and docile snake, however, they are also very venomous and dangerous. They will bite if provoke and with the possibility of renal failure and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment