Thursday, May 16, 2019

Guandu Nature Park

The weather is really good on the last day of my 2019 Taiwan Birding Trip. I took a subway train from Taipei city travel north and exit at Guandu Station. Guandu Nature Park is just 5-10 minutes walking distance from the subway station.
Guandu Nature Park
I was slightly early and the park is not yet open.
Black Wing Stilt
My first "bird sighting" is this huge Black Wing Stilt.
Japanese White-eye
While on my way to the main bridge, I saw a few Japanese White-eye.
Common King fisher
A Common King fisher was seen at the fresh water pond area.
Light-vented Bulbul
I walk my way to the direction of the Visitor Center and saw this Light-vented Bulbul.
Plain Prinia
While on the bridge, more birds was seen. First, is this Plain Prinia.
Yellow -bellied Prinia
Follow by Yellow -bellied Prinia
Black-crowned Night-heron
and also Black-crowned Night-heron.
Oriental Turtle-Dove
This Oriental Turtle-Dove is enjoying the good weather trying to dry it's feathers under the morning sun light.
Guandu Nature Park
Spring is coming, new leaves is forming under the clear blue sky.
Eastern Spot-billed Duck
Instead of going into the Bird Watching Cabin, I decided to check out the pond outside the cabin as the sunlight is directly shine at the cabin window and I can see nothing at all. This place probably best visit in the afternoon. After finding a shelter under a tree, managed to spot this Eastern Spot-billed Duck.
Green-winged Teal
So as the Green-winged Teal.
Black-naped Monarch
Spotted a Black-naped Monarch and managed to take a picture before disappear from my sight.
Gray Treepie
I am so happy to see a fruiting tree just outside the Visitor Center. Saw some movement and and follow the movement, saw this Gray Treepie enjoying the buffet breakfast.
Gray Treepie
Another one coming to join the feast.
Daurian Redstart
Just before I leave the park, saw another migratory bird - a female Daurian Redstart.
Not sure these 2 dogs is playing with the ducks or trying to catch them. The ducks seem faster than the dogs and manage to flee on time. Hope the dogs are just chasing for fun and not really attack the ducks.

With this Guandu trip, my 2019 Taiwan Winter Birding Trip is "officially" completed. One more day of shopping before my return to Singapore. It has been an exciting week here in Taiwan. Hope to come back here again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment