Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sungei Simpang Kiri

Is been a while since I last visited Sungei Simpang Kiri. Situated just next to Sembawang Park and can be reached by Sembawang Park Connector Network (PCN) all the way from Gambas Avenue/Admiralty.
Little Egret (Egretta garzetta)
 I arrived around 4pm initially plan to wait for the tide to go down and saw my first bird - a Little egret.
Little Egret (Egretta garzetta)
 I didn't know Little egret doing tip-toe too!
Common Sandpiper (Actitis hypoleucos)
 There are a few Common Sandpiper near the water edge.
Common Greenshank (Tringa nebularia)
 Joining the feeding was this Common Green Shank.
Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea)
This Grey Heron still in breeding plumage. Where could it came from? Probably just feeding here & the nest (heronry) could be a distance away.
Sungei Simpang Kiri
Before I could reach the shore, the sky started to pour heavily. I will have to come back again some time to explore the river mouth...

No comments:

Post a Comment