Saturday, December 7, 2013

Is A Croc Croc Day

While I am still processing my photos from my last Thailand's trip, I've been reading from various media for the last one week that a large crocodile spotted at Sungei Buluh Wetlands Reserve (SBWR), I decided to pay SBWR another visit. I will continue my blog on Thailand's trip after this post. 
Saltwater Crocodile (Crocodylus porosus)
Well, to look for this big cold blooded reptile shouldn't be difficult. Look what I found! A big Saltwater crocodile also known as Estuarine crocodile (Crocodylus porosus) is warming up his body in the morning sun.
Saltwater Crocodile (Crocodylus porosus)
 Is my lucky day, saw another smaller crocodile.
Saltwater Crocodile (Crocodylus porosus)
One, two & three! Saw another even smaller crocodile in the water! What a day in the reserve! After happy with the crocodiles, I just made a quick round around the main bridge & main hide as I'm leaving for another appointment soon.
Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea)
One of the reason could be the massive construction across the Causeway over at Johor, Malaysia. As you can see from the photo, the background of the Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea) is undergoing massive construction. Is possible that the crocodile was driven out by the construction there.
Little Egret (Egretta garzetta)
 Didn't see much birds around the Main hide, saw several Little Egret (Egretta garzetta)
Milky Stork (Mycteria cinerea)
 About 10 Milky Storks (Mycteria cinerea).
Marsh Sandpiper (Tringa stagnatilus)
And a very small flock of Marsh Sandpiper (Tringa stagnatilus).

No comments:

Post a Comment