Saturday, October 15, 2011

Birds Watching at SBWR

With more & more arrival of the migratory birds, is time to head to Sungei Buloh (SBWR) to watch this once a year affair!
While I was washing my hand in the toilet, I heard someone knocking on the roof right on top of me. I was more than happy to see a pair of Oriental Pied Hornbill! Perhaps, they are knocking on their own image from the glass reflection.
There are quite a number of egret perch on top of tree just opposite the Main Bridge.
I saw this spider before entering the Main Hide. There are lots of birds feeding in front of the main hide.
This egret trying to scare the prey from their hiding so that she can hunt them.
Whimbrel is one of the bigger shore bird among those feeding on the mud flat.
Marsh sandpiper
This Lesser Sand Plover been to Singapore before! The ring (green & white) means it was tagged/ringed in Singapore before.
One of the best thing to do is just sit there watching the arrival/taking off of these birds.
Other than birds, the mud skipper can be found near the water edge. Good weather, good sighting & hope tomorrow the weather is as good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment