Thursday, December 8, 2022

My Maiden Trip to Middle East

After years of dreaming and thinking about visiting ancient manmade structure that was built few thousands years ago and is still standing, this is finally happening! I am visiting Egypt! After a friend of my casually asking me few months back if I am interested, without any hesitation, I say "YES!!!"

After months of waiting, I am ready with my luggage packed and had spent hours coming through website, youtube, and lots of social media to grab as many history and info I could get to prepare for this trip.

As usual, I have my travel buddy travel along this long anticipated trip. This was taken close to midnight during boarding in Changi Airport.
After 2 hours into the flight, I am served with my first Arabic meal. I can't believe I finish all the food as it was so delicious. Haha.... What I didn't thought of during that time is that I will be eating these similar meal for the next few weeks. That is another story which I will cover later...😁
Approximate after 12 hours of flying, finally got a first glimpse of middle east coumtries. Supprisinglky I didn't sleep the whole flight probably too exited what is to come the entire time.
Well, not yet. I am not arriving at Egypt yet. There is no direct flight between Singapore and Egypt, I chosen the flight with transit in Bahrain. My next leg of flight is another 11 hours away. The airport was empty when we arrive around midnight.
We walk around the airport and decided to check in to the Transit hotel to freshen up.
I may have landed in Bahrain, but we decided not to leave the airport as not much that we could do during that wee hours. So, this is my only experience of Bahrain, all through my hotel window. A huge obelisk. I should get to see more obelisks in Egypt, I suppose?
After leaving the comfort of my home for more than 24 hours, I finally landed in Egypt. So many first for me for this trip. First time to Egypt, first country out of Asean after COVID, ... most importantly, Egypt is one of my bucket list. Now I can happily cosider it checked.

I still can't believe I made it to Egypt, can't wait to have a deeper understanding of this country. One of the 7 ancient wonders that still exist. So many movies, stories that I heard or watched before, nothing compare to coming here face to face with the pyramids, the mummy and all of them been around thousands of years before my arrival here. . . (to  be continued in next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment