Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Goosing around in Hokkaido

From Rausu to our next destination Tomakomai is few hours drive. I'm always excited whenever travel to new location. Very high chance that whatever we see, it will be my first time seeing it.

We stop our car when we saw some goose flying at a distance in-front of us. It looks like a White fronted goose.

Among them, I saw some familiar yet seem different. I am sure there are more than one species of goose in this flock. We try to follow them by following their flight direction and stop about 10km away at an open field.
First spotted this Taiga Bean-Goose.
There is a mixture of greater & lesser White-fronted Goose!
That's not all... another new bird species for me. Is a Lesser Canada Goose! They are consider very rare in Hokkaido and we are lucky enough to see them. 
The snow start to fall down from the sky, what a beautiful scene! Another happy day at Hokkaido!


No comments:

Post a Comment