Monday, August 10, 2020

Take a dip during winter in Hokkaido

Before I left Rausu for my next part of my trip, I still have one more item in my  'wanted list' not checked. We stop by a half frozen river for landscape shots and to my surprise, spotted some brown bird jump into the river and disappear. After few seconds, it re-emerge from the water. Yes! Is one of the item on my list - a Brown Dipper!
The feather is totally water repellent. No sign of any water after emerged from the water.
These are series of photos how the brown dipper hunt for their food.


Completely submerged in the icy water.
Yes. Is a successful hunt. The brown dipper emerge with the food in the mouth.
Managed to also took a shot of the brown dipper having a relief and private moment๐Ÿ˜‚. Not sure if it turn to ice as it was on the other side of the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment