Thursday, April 2, 2020

Red Crown Crane of Hokkaido

Can't remember when did I first learn to fold a crane origami. 
It was believed that by folding one thousand cranes, the wish would come true. My wish is to be able to see this mystical creature that live for a thousand years.
When I see the sign asking driver to look out for crane on the road, I know my wish will come true real soon.

After freezing cold this morning at Otowa Bridge, we proceed to Tsurui Ito Red Crowned Crane Sanctuary.
 Yes. The number of cranes can sometime exceed thousands during winter.
 Red crowned crane is among one of the largest crane standing at about 1.5m tall.
 Red crowned crane is often featured in myths and legends across Japan, China and Korea.
 They are the symbol of longevity and immortality.
 I can stand here whole day watching them preening, honking and perform the courtship dance.
A close up look of red crowned crane.

No comments:

Post a Comment