Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Tianchih - Pond in the sky

After check-in and keep our luggage, is time to explore the beauty of Dasyueshan. We have the whole afternoon before dinner and we have plan after dark too.
Tianche - Dahxueshan
We will be exploring Tianchih which is part of the area at Siaoxueshan. I have no idea why it is called Tianchih,  means Pond in the sky in Chinese. Perhaps due to the high altitude?


The whole area turn pinkish red as we step out of the car in the car park. I can't help but keep taking photos of the maple leafs looks a like. These are actually Snake Bark Maple (Acer rubescens) tree that are endemic to Taiwan.
I even try to re-create the photo I took in Japan with Mt Fuji at the background.
Didn't manage to take it with clear blue sky. I can only imagine how beautiful it is with the reflection of the sky in the water.
Lichen is doing really well here. They can be found on every tree around here.
No luck for me as there is no snow this winter at Dasyueshan. Not often to have snow here, but when it does, it will be extremely beautiful.
The sun is setting and we can't wait for it get darker soon.
We go for early dinner and is almost dark now. Can't wait to look for the mysterious flying squirrel after dark later. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment