Saturday, January 26, 2019

Road to Masai Mara

While on our way to Masai Mara, we have a toilet break near Kiambu, saw something running around on the rock. The first thing that cross my mind is rabbit!
Rock Hyrax (Procavia capensis)
 On closer look, no doesn't look like a rabbit. Rabbit should have longer ears.
Rock Hyrax (Procavia capensis)
 When it climb down the rock, it looks like a guinea pig but so much bigger.
Rock Hyrax (Procavia capensis)
 My guide then tell me it is a Rock Hyrax (Procavia capensis).
Rock Hyrax (Procavia capensis)
The rock hyrax , also called rock badger & rock rabbit. Although it may looks like rodent or rabbit, they are actually more closely related to elephant. Interesting! I'm not at Masai Mara yet and already met with one new animal that I g\have never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment