Saturday, May 15, 2010

Chek Jawa Boardwalk

I have been visiting Botanic Garden for the last few week end and I switch to Pulau Ubin for a change this morning.


I took a ferry from Changi Village Jetty and it took us less than half an hour to cross over to Pulau Ubin. As we arrived the island, met a few volunteers near the jetty. Looks like they are having a cycle mania on the island. Didn't got chance to say hello to them as the taxi driver seems waited impatiently. I head straight to Check Jawa boardwalk.

It seems that I am the first to arrived Chek Jawa as there is nobody at all at the boardwalk. Below are some of the animals that I saw along the boardwalk. I just let the photos do the talking... :-)
A rather uncommon Straw-headed Bulbul (Pycnonotus zeylanicus) singing loudly

Great-billed heron is feeding alone during low tide at a distance

Little heron is waiting for prey

I almost mistaken this Dollar bird as Myna

A Changeable Hawk Eagle

Carpenter bee, with wings but they are not bird! :)
Do you know chicken can fly? This is a Red Junglefowl

Isn't this Red Junglefowl preety?

A pair of Dark-Necked Tailorbird


Brahminy Kite

Olive-Winged Bulbul

I like this pair of Pacific Swallow

Tanimbar Corella say Hi to me!
Saw this Cockatoo at Changi Village Carpark.

1 comment:

  1. That's a very nice shot of the flying red jungle fowl. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete