Sunday, October 18, 2009

Godzilla!

We were at SBWR on Saturday morning supposedly meant to be a migratory bird watching trip. However, realise that all the pond are flooded! So, we take our own sweet time to slowly walk and enjoy the tranquility ( not really though as it is quite crowded, must be due to the long week end) ...

Before we end our walk, we went to the Main Hide to do a last check. I saw something moving & struggling at a distance. Looks quite big but I'm not sure what it is until I use my camera as my scope to check what is happening.
Is a huge monitor lizard! The lizard caught a prey and is still struggling with it. But, I can't tell what is it. I'm so curious to know what it is... could it be a bird?
The lizard try to swallow it without success several time... so, the lizard throw it out and advance few steps.
Another attempt, I still can't figure out what the lizard has caught! I do know the prey is now red .... cover in blood? Mammals? Birds?Can't remember this is 9 or 10th attempts.Now the lizard is even further...
Looks like the lizard almost swallow it ... yet still fail!
Finally the mystery solved! Is a huge FISH! Look at the size of the fish! Is even bigger than the lizard's head! No wonder the lizard have to struggle to get the fish out of water...

No comments:

Post a Comment