Sunday, October 4, 2009

Early Morning Trip to Sungai Buluh Wetland Reserve

I was at SBWR again yesterday (3 Oct 09) morning. In order not to be late for my next appointment at town area by 11am, I only have about 1.5 to 2 hours to spare in the morning. So I go SBWR slightly early, when I arrived at 7.15am, the gate is still close as the door only open at 7.30am from Mon-Sat. The staff must have heard that there are visitors arrive early and proceed to open the gate even before the official opening timing. So I actually only waited for less than a minute. Thank you very much! Automatically, I became the first visitor of the day.
When I arrived the main bridge, I saw a Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea) perch at the main bridge. I approach the Grey Heron slowly and this is the nearest I ever approach a Grey heron in the wild.I continue to walk and the Grey heron only flew off when I was about 5m away from the bird.
There are lots of Common Flameback (Dinopium javanense) at the end of the Main Bridge. I managed to take this female bird. This is the male Common Flameback differentiated by the red crown.Since is early even the water monitor lizard is also rest on the trail.
Close up of the lizard.
The blue colour tongue of the lizard. Monitor lizard use their tongue to taste the air for food.
Another 2 shots of the lizard before I leave SBWR for my next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment