Sunday, October 6, 2013

Birding at Singapore Botanic Garden

After months of waiting & trying my luck without success. I finally saw signs of the return of the migratory birds to Singapore Botanic Garden (SBG). I have seen some migratory birds at Bidadari last month but only see them here at SBG today.
Japanese Paradise Flycatcher (Terpsiphone atrocaudata)
What a better way to start my birding with Japanese Paradise Flycatcher (Terpsiphone atrocaudata). I saw not one but 3 of them. All of the perch quite high up the tree, but is good enough to excite me to come back for more in the following months.

Arctic Warbler (Phylloscopus borealiss)
The next migratory bird that I saw around the same place is this Arctic Warbler (Phylloscopus borealiss).
Crimson Sunbird (Aethopyga siparaja)
Is good to see the return of the migratory birds, but I am not giving a miss to our local beauties too. This female Crimson Sunbird (Aethopyga siparaja) give me a perfect pose!
Crimson Sunbird (Aethopyga siparaja)
When there are female, the male will not be far away. This is the male Crimson Sunbird (Aethopyga siparaja).
Laced woodpecker(Picus vittatus)
 A male Laced woodpecker (Picus vittatus) don't mind to pose for me too.
Oriental Magpie Robin(Copsychus saularis)
It was once at the edge of extinction and now doing quite well after they are re-introduce to Singapore and they are still listed as endangered currently.
Greater Racket-Tailed Drongo(Dicrurus paradiseus)
One of the local bird that can sing many different calls and also good at mimicking calls of other bird is this Greater Racket-tailed Drongo (Dicrurus paradiseus).

Singapore Botanic Garden may have receiving more visitors than before, but it is still a good birding place after all this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment