Saturday, April 13, 2013

Black-Naped Oriole Behave Like Mangrove Pitta

I  saw this juvenile Black-Naped Oriole (Oriolus chinensis) at Pasir Ris Park behave rather strange. It hop on the ground & look for food from the crabs burrow. This is exactly the same behavior that I observed on a Mangrove pitta. What a coincidence that this is the exact place/spot that I saw my first Mangrove Pitta.
Black-Naped Oriole (Oriolus chinensis)

Black-Naped Oriole (Oriolus chinensis)

Black-Naped Oriole (Oriolus chinensis)

Black-Naped Oriole (Oriolus chinensis)

Black-Naped Oriole (Oriolus chinensis)
I have this bird on video too:

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting & I think it looks rather cute. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to mention that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. Thank you for a good webpage and I hope you preserve up the great function. If you do I will keep on to checked out it.

    Mangrove Place




    ReplyDelete