Sunday, July 11, 2010

Another Exciting Pulau Ubin Trip

It was quiet than usual when I arrived at Pulau Ubin (a small off-shore island at the north of Singapore) this morning. Perhaps the World Cup match between Germany & Uruguay finish at local time 4.30am partly the reason. Since the traffic is low, I suppose it will be a better chance to spot more birds?

I did have a really fruitful trip this morning and below are some of the photos that I have taken this morning. Just a few minutes walk once I off from the main road I saw a flock of Red-Breasted Parakeet (Psittacula alexandri) Being a noisy birds, is not difficult to spot them when they are nearby.

Saw this huge wasp at the side of the road and perhaps this also explain the high number of Bee-eaters around this area.
A pair of mother and juvenile Blue-throated Bee-eater were spotted just a few steps from where I saw that wasp.
A very colourful Pink-neck green pigeon hiding among the leaves. If the pigeon stay still, it will not be easy to spot them.
A Little Tern was spotted flew pass on top of meHuge red bill Stork-billed Kingfisher patiently perch on the tree waiting for prey.
Oriental Magpie Robin, bird that almost go extinct due to cage bird industry sometimes ago make a comeback after it was re-introduced.
Peaceful Dove taking sun bath under the morning sunlight.
As the temperature soar, this Scaly-Breasted Munia take shelter under the leaves.
A juvenile Scaly-Breasted munia is taking shelter from the hot sun too.
A really tiny bird that less than 9cm, a Scarlet-Backed Flowerpecker.
As the temperature continue to soar, I decided to call it a day as I also need to catch some sleep to be ready for tonight World Cup final at 2.30am local time.

No comments:

Post a Comment