Sunday, June 20, 2010

Morning Trip to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve

I was at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve this morning for a quick tour and here are some of the animals that I saw.
Immediately after the info counter, saw this Pink Neck Green Pigeon busy collecting nesting materials.
Under the Main Bridge, saw this Little Heron busy feeding in the river during low tide.
I turn back to The Mangrove Boardwalk and saw a flock of juvenile Scaly-breasted Munia. Along the boardwalk, I saw another 2 different tailorbird.
A Rufous-tail Tailorbird
and also a Ashy Tailorbird.
This Common Iora have a few different calls and I suppose it serves different purpose such as mating or distress call.
Another noisy bird will be this Collared Kingfisher.
Another kingfisher that I saw is this Stork-billed Kingfisher with a very distinctive large bill.
This Crested-Serpent Eagle very cleverly perch beside a tree trunk and this have helped the bird to camouflage with the environment.
I also saw quite a few number of Purple-throated Sunbird.
Saw this worm crawling under the boardwalk. It will turn to a big meal for birds in no time to craw out of the burrow.
For one I am higher than the squirrel! Saw this squirrel jumping around below the boardwalk.

When I turn back to the Main Bridge, the tide is even lower. The Croc is now exposed due to the low water level.

This are the sequential shots of the fish jumping out of the water. The fish will jump above the water when the are chase by predator or when they hit the shallow water during low tide.
A rather beautiful Common Bluebottle butterfly.
Managed to take a shot of this dragonfly in flight.
Although is now not the bird migratory season, yet still managed to see a lot of interesting animals. Not a bad trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment